Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Father's Day Mini-books (Part 1)

For Father's Day this year I made mini-books for my husband, father, and father in-law that turned out super cute.

Album 1: Shrimping with Dad and Grandpa
Mother's Day weekend was one of only a few days you can shrimp on Hood Canal and we had fun taking the kids out for their first time. Carter (5) decided he wanted to try to kayak by himself this weekend too, so it ended up being a lot of firsts for us! I was glad that I got to document it for our family and knew that my father in-law would like to look at the pictures over and over again.

I couldn't find a decent chipboard album last minute at the craft stores I visited so I had to improvise. I bought wood rectangles that were super light and adhered the pictures directly to the wood. After trimming the pictures with an exacto knife, I used sand paper to even up the edges and give them a little white border. Then I took some white ink and stamped directly onto the photos - but the ink took forever to dry. I used my hot gun and it still didn't dry. The stamps are all Ali Edward's from Technique Tuesday. A friend gave me a tip to just put some paper towel over to soak up anything that was still sticky and that seemed to work. I think they turned out awesome!






Part 2 coming soon!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails